Real Time Data Center Cooling System (RTDCCS)
A Real Time Data Center Cooling System (RTDCCS) is created by combining ISECS (Indivudal Server Enclosure Cooling System) with MECS (Multistage Evaporative Cooling System). By combining these two patented energy efficient cooling systems, the RTDCCS can save data centers 60 to 85 percent of their cooling energy costs.
Patents for Real Time Data Center Cooling System (RTDCCS)
- Real Time Electronic Enclosure Cooling System – US 8857204, October 14, 2014
- Multistage Evaporative Cooling System – US 8899061, December 2, 2015
- International Patent Application Multistage Evaporative Cooling System, March 27, 2014
MECS is an air and water cooling system that is used in the cooling of IT equipment applications, industrial process cooling applications, commercial and industrial building cooling applications, and hospital cooling applications. The unique cooling technology and components of the MECS uses the earth’s nature water cycle and laws of thermodynamics to produce cooling, does not incorporate any high energy using traditional mechanical refrigeration compressors, and does not use Freon type refrigerants, including hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs). MECS is scalable from 10 tons to over 3000 tons of equivalent mechanical refrigeration. Based on ASHRAE summer condition design parameters for Phoenix, AZ, (110°FDB and 70°FWB), MECS produces cold air (54.8°F), cold water (56.8°F), or both at the same time while using 60 to 85 percent less energy.
Data Center Cooling
Individual Server Enclosure Cool System (ISECS) – R4 Ventures Fan Coil Unit
The Individual Server Enclosure Cooling System (ISECS) is a cold water and cold air delivery system that delivers process cooling to data center enclosures (Racks) with loads to 35 KW and higher on a Real Time basis.
- Process cooling adjusts to cool the actual load of the Rack.
- Adjusts water flow to meet cooling loads in Real Time (if loads vary between low 5 KW and 35 KW or higher).
- Uses 61°F ± 4°F cool water from MECS.
- Provides 70°F to 80°F cool air back to Data Center space based on set point temperature.
- Eliminates CRACs and CRAHs.
- Eliminates containment ducts.
- Can be incorporated into raised floor designs or placed above the Racks over the aisles.
Comparison of Data Center White Space Temperature Profiles
- Click here to view – White Paper – Real Time Data Center Cooling System Temperature Performance Evaluation for 4 Major Cities in the United States
- Click here to view – White Paper – RTDCCS Target Pricing and Competitive Pricing Analysis vs APC Schneider Electric Cooling Systems
- Click here to view – Real Time Data Center Cooling System Benefits and Comparison to Traditional Data Center Cooling Methods
The RTDCCS recaptures lost capacity in Data Centers as loads per rack increase due to increased densities and lack of properly designed cooling system capacities saving DC Owner / Operators millions of dollars and delays the need to build a new DC.