R4 Ventures LLC helps Building Owners and Plant Operators lower cooling system energy costs.
1st Patent – Green … Environmentally Friendly Multistage Evaporative Cooling System (MECS) solution saves building owners 40 to 60% on cooling energy costs and eliminates the use of EPA regulated refrigerants
As you know, heating, ventilation, and air-conditions (HVAC) accounts for upwards of 40% of energy used in modern buildings and legacy systems are more inefficient by orders of magnitude. Replacing a legacy HVAC system with a modern, energy efficient model can create substantial, sustained operating savings and free up cash flow. The Multistage Evaporative Cooling System (MECS) takes the savings to a higher level of energy efficiency greater than any other chiller options and also allows for 100% fresh air exchange to improve health of your employees, residents, or patients, depending on the application.
Through a deep understanding of thermodynamics, engineering, and the functionality of a multitude of cooling system components, Natural Cycle Energy’s patented cooling solutions combines well known “off the shelf” cooling system components in a series and sequence that maximizes energy efficiency in both comfort (HVAC) and process cooling applications.
The MECS is a series of towers (two illustrated, another tower can be added to further chill water below 60⁰F) working in conjunction with a Make Up Air Handling Unit (MUAHU) and other cooling system components to supply cooling (cold water and/or cold air) throughout the building space. Additionally, MECS delivers:
- 100% fresh air exchange provides maximum oxygen levels to building spaces and its occupants;
- No high energy-consuming compressors found in traditional central plants and HVAC systems;
- No environmentally harmful refrigerants (MECS is water based) eliminating the need to monitor and dispose of refrigerants in accordance with changing EPA regulations;
- 40% to 60% less energy consumption than traditional commercial chillers and air conditioners;
- Corresponding 40% to 60% reduction in greenhouse gasses from power plants (smaller carbon footprint).
Market Opportunity for Cooling Towers Utilizing MECS – Opens the Chiller Market
Cooling Tower Market worth 2.88 Billion USD by 2020 – http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/cooling-towers-market-268219049.html?gclid=CMak6qqg8c4CFQmLaQodnaAFkQ – The cooling tower market is estimated to reach USD 2.88 Billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 4.2%.
Chillers Market worth 10.84 Billion USD by 2021 – http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/PressReleases/chiller.asp The market size of chillers is estimated to grow from USD 8.63 Billion in 2015 to USD 10.84 Billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 4.24%.
Real Time Data Center Cooling System saves 40 to 85% on cooling energy costs while increasing data center density / capacity without costly infrastructure upgrades
“Big Data”, in conjunction with “Public and Private Cloud” growth and the continued ubiquity of the Internet, is changing the way many companies, industries, and markets work, consuming ever increasing amounts of information and requiring corresponding increases in data availability (storage) and processing power. Today, data centers consume approximately 2.5% of power worldwide, with 40% of that going for just cooling. That enormous amount of energy represents one of the largest operational costs for data center operations.
2nd Patent – Real Time Electronic Enclosure Cooling System (RTEECS) (Individual Server Enclosure Cooling ystems (ISECS)) + 1st Patent – Multistage Evaporative Cooling System (MECS) = Real Time Data Center Cooling System (RTDCCS)
MECS (US Patent 8,899,061) improves on cooling technology to reduce energy consumption by 40 to 60% over conventional air cooled or water cooled chillers. MECS cold water is supplied to Make Up Air Handling Units which provides100% fresh air exchange and MECS cold water is supplied to our Individual Server Enclosure Cooling Systems (ISECS) (US Patent 8,857,204)., R4Ventures’ process cooling in data centers can significantly reduce a major expense of keeping data centers cool. The
RTDCCS matches the cooling required to the cooling delivered in real time eliminating the need to oversize the cooling system to meet the maximum cooling load 100% of the time. The combination of MECS and ISECS provides a true Real Time Data Center Cooling System (RTDCCS), a complete solution providing:
- Consumes 40% to 85% less energy and reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 60 to 85% from fossil fuel utility power plants (See White Paper comparing RTDCCS to APC Schneider Electronic cooling systems);
- Has no high energy-consuming compressors and eliminates refrigerants (RTDCCS is water based);
- Provide 100% cooled or heated fresh air (100% air exchange) in the data center white space & building office & common areas;
- Our “process cooling” method eliminates hot aisles and cold aisles while maintaining temperature tolerances of ±1°F;
- Requires NO over-sizing of Data Center “cooling systems, et al” to meet increasing rack densities and cooling loads;
- Provides “Real Time Cooling” of server enclosures / racks by process cooling the heat loads of each individual server rack, matching cooling to the real-time heat loads generated within each as applications scale up or down;
- Eliminates “Lost Capacity”/“Stranded Capacity” saving data centers millions of $s per year in new capital expenditures.
Data Center Cooling System Market Size Worldwide by Market and Markets http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/data-center-cooling-solutions-market-1038.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA_p_FBRCRi_mW5Myl4S0SJAAkezZr4huFa9J4hXBYJ6MQCcShg6JXjzfY5yl_gg2w4Mv6whoC0p_w_wcB The data center cooling market size is estimated to grow from USD 7.12 Billion in 2016 to USD 14.28 Billion by 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 14.95%.
For more information, see website: http://www.naturalcycleenergy.com/real-time-data-center-cooling-system-rtdccs/